Simen Bredesen has proved himself to be one of the most interesting young tenors in Scandinavia. He is currently a member of the Young Singers Program at the Norwegian National Opera & Ballet.
RECENT AND FUTURE ENGAGEMENTS
Simen’s most recent and future engagements include (among others):
- Spoletta/Tosca, Dancaïro/Carmen, Pierre/Nothing, and Pluto/Orphée aux enfers at the Norwegian National Opera and Ballet;
- Leonard/Den Stundesløse at Operaen i Kristiansund;
- concert with Sønderjyllands Symphony Orchestra at Opera på Grænsen, Denmark;
- Haydn’s Nelson Mass w. the Arctic Philharmonic;
- Petite messe solennelle with Ringsakeroperaen and Flagstadfestivalen;
- Händel’s Messiah with Cæciliaforeningen;
- Olav den Heldige concerts in Sarpsborg and Verdal.
Simen Bredesen is a Norwegian opera singer who began his undergraduate studies in classical singing at Grieg Academy in Bergen. He then went on to complete a one-year program and a master’s program at the Opera Academy in Oslo, graduating in the spring of 2021.
During the 2021/2022 and 2022/2023 seasons, he is employed as a young artist at the Norwegian Opera & Ballet, where he made his debut as John Styx in Orphée aux enfers in December 2021.
In his first seasons with the Norwegian Opera and Ballet, Simen was also cast in roles such as Howard Boucher in Dead Man Walking, Pierre in Ingenting, John Styx in Orfeus i Underverdenen, Dancaïro in Carmen, Junge Diener in Elektra.
Simen has a diverse repertoire and is also a sought-after concert singer.
|Heggie, J.||Dead Man Walking||Howard Boucher|
|Mozart, W.A.||Die Zauberflöte||Tamino*|
|Offenbach, J.||Orphée aux enfers||John Styx|
|Strauss, J.||Die Fledermaus||Eisenstein|
|Strauss, R.||Elektra||Junge Diener|
|Tchaikovsky, P. I.||Eugene Onegin||Lensky|
|Verdi, G.||La Traviata||Alfredo*|
|Haydn, J.||Missa in angustiis No. 11 in D minor – Nelson Mass|
|Rossini, G.||Petite Messe Solennelle|
|Schubert, F.||Grosse Messe|
AUDIO & VIDEO
Simen Bredesen – Rigoletto by G. Verdi – Questa o quella (2023)
Simen Bredesen – Die Fledermaus – Alfred’s Arioso (in Norwegian, 2022)
Simen Bredesen – Die Zauberflöte by W.A. Mozart – Dies Bildnis ist bezaubernd schön (2023)