Jesper Nordin was born in Copenhagen in 1975. He specialises in opera and contemporary music, and is often involved in live productions, multimedia or mixed- genre concerts and other projects that require a clear head, a distinctive technique, and a pragmatic and thorough approach to conducting.
Since his debut in 2006, he has conducted all of Denmark's professional orchestras, choirs and ensembles, as well as orchestras in Finland, Sweden, Hungary, Ukraine and England.
From 2008 to 2010 he was Studienleiter (Head of Music) at the Royal Danish Opera, where he has also conducted both opera, ballet and concerts and worked on more than 30 different productions.
In 2012 he won the first national conducting competition organized by the Danish Conductors’ Association, with his interpretation of Beethoven's 7th Symphony.
He has performed over 100 world premieres, and has close contact with his generation's Danish composers. As a composer and arranger he has furthermore been performed by the Royal Danish Opera, Copenhagen Phil., Danish Radio Vocal Ensemble, the Odense Symphony Orchestra, Esbjerg Ensemble, Danish Chamber Players and others.
He has released several CDs with contemporary music, most recently with Athelas Sinfonietta Copenhagen and Vokalselskabet Glas, and conducted tribute concerts for both the Danish Radio Chamber Orchestra and the Royal Danish Opera Chorus. He has conducted in numerous television broadcasts, commercials and other multimedia productions.
The 2018/19 season has Jesper Nordin conducting the Copenhagen Phil, the Danish Radio Symphony Orchestra, Aarhus Symphony Orchestra, Sønderjyllands Symphony Orchestra (South Danish Philharmonic) and Athelas Sinfonietta Copenhagen among others.
Other relevant experience:
● 2012 Winner: 1st national conducting competition arranged by the Danish Conductors’ Association.
● 2008-2010 interim Studienleiter at the Royal Danish Opera in Copenhagen
● 2008/2013 Associate Professor at the Royal Danish Academy of Music (ensemble singing)
● 2003-2007 Founder and Conductor of the Galanteana Chamber Orchestra, with a focus on ‘galant’ style music, i.e. late baroque/early classical period. In charge of programming, fundraising and conducting a wide variety of concerts.
● 2005-2007 Member of the Danish jury for ISCM (the International Society for Contemporary Music)
● 2004 Winner of the 1 st International Janos Fürst Masterclass and Competition in Szeged, Hungary.
● 2007 Accepted into MENSA Denmark
● 2006 Accepted into the Danish Composers’ Association
● 2005 Accepted into the Danish Conductors’ Association
● 1997-2003 Tenured position as 2. horn in the Odense Symphony Orchestra
● 1999-2002 Member of the Programming Committee for the Odense Symphony Orchestra.
Member of The International Artist
Member of/Associé de l'Association
Européenne des Agents